|The City of San Diego University Avenue Mobility Project (UAMP) will improve safety and mobility along the University Avenue corridor, between Florida Street and Boundary Street, for pedestrians, bicyclists, transit and automobile traffic within one of the most densely populated areas in San Diego.
The project will be divided into three sections, all located along University Avenue. Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
· Florida Street to Oregon Street expected to last three months.
· Oregon Street to Illinois Street anticipated to last less than four months.
· Illinois Street to Boundary Street scheduled to last about three months.
Here’s What’s Happening
Week of May 2
· Crews will tie electrical conduits to the newly formed foundations working west to east along the south side of University Avenue from Oregon Street to Kansas Street.
· Irrigation lines will be installed in the medians located on University Avenue from Louisiana Street to 32nd Street.
· Crews will pour foundations at the locations where the steel plates are located on the north side of University Avenue from Kansas Street to Oregon Street.
What To Expect
Please remember to always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
· Lane closures, detours and restricted access may be implemented during working hours.
· Speed limits may be reduced in the construction area.
· Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project.