University Avenue Mobility Project
The City of San Diego University Avenue Mobility Project (UAMP) will improve safety and mobility along the University Avenue corridor, between Florida Street and Boundary Street, for pedestrians, bicyclists, transit and automobile traffic within one of the most densely populated areas in San Diego.
The project will be divided into three sections, all located along University Avenue. Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- Florida Street to Oregon Street expected to last three months.
- Oregon Street to Illinois Street anticipated to last less than four months.
- Illinois Street to Boundary Street scheduled to last about three months.
Here’s What’s Happening:
Week of Dec. 6
Work will take place on University Avenue from Oregon Street to Illinois Street.
- Demolish medians along University Avenue from Oregon Street to Illinois Street.
- Demolish, prepare, and install bus pad and sidewalk near Idaho Street.
- Demolish and rebuild curb and gutter near Idaho Street.
- Temporary lane striping will be applied and curbs will be painted red on University Avenue from Oregon Street to Illinois Street.
What To Expect
Please remember to always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
- Lane closures, detours and restricted access may be implemented during working hours.
- Speed limits may be reduced in the construction area.
Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project.