The 30th Street Pipeline Replacement Project will replace 5.7 miles of water main within the North Park, Golden Hill and Southeastern communities. This project will help the City of San Diego better serve its communities, improve service reliability, reduce maintenance needs, and lessen the risk of future water main breaks. The project will also increase pedestrian access by installing curb ramps at several intersections throughout the project area.
For the next month, construction will continue in North Park. Here’s what to expect.
- Construction Area #1: Over the next month, crews will continue work in the intersection of 30th Street and Redwood Street. The working hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Traffic will be detoured around this intersection during working hours. Road closures and detours are in effect. “No Parking” signs are in place. As part of this work the traffic signal at 30th Street & Redwood Street will be replaced and during construction the intersection will be a 4 way stop. Signs will be posted.
- Construction Area #2: Over the next month, crews are wrapping up work on the Pressure Reducing Station at the intersection of 28th Street and Thorn Street. The working hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Road closures and detours are in effect. “No Parking” signs are in place.
- Construction Area #3: Over the next month, crews will continue work to install a new water main on 30th Street Between Thorn and Upas Street, and on Upas Street between 30th and Dale. The working hours will be Monday through Thursday nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Road closures and detours are in effect. “No Parking” signs are in place.
Please note: No work will take place during rain. All scheduled work that is impacted by a rain event will be postponed and pushed back to the next dry working da
Any work that requires water service shut-offs will only occur after advanced notice has been provided to residents and stakeholders via door hangers.
Please remember to always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
- Road closures, detours and restricted access may be implemented during working hours
- Speed limits will be reduced in the construction area
- Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project