North Park Public Right of Way “PROW” Permit
Does your North Park business have exterior signage? Do you use the sidewalk for business purposes? Do you have outside seating? Each year you need to pay for a public right of way “PROW” permit. North Park Main Street grants these permits to business in North Park. Read the city requirements here.
The public right of way (PROW) is defined as the space between the curb and the adjacent property line of a business. North Park’s Public Right of Way Program is managed by North Park Main Street on behalf of the City of San Diego.
A PERMIT FROM NORTH PARK MAIN STREET IS REQUIRED TO PLACE ANY A-FRAME OR FREESTANDING SIGN, OUTDOOR DISPLAY, OR DINING AREA IN THE PROW
Use the form below to submit the necessary documents to renew your PROW application, and also pay your fees using our secure portal.
- Fill out the form below
- Use the form to upload both your business tax certificate AND your insurance certificate (see examples in right column)
- Pay for your renewal based on the options you select
- Permits must be renewed by January 31 of each year. Fees are not prorated.
- A new permit is required if you do not hold a 2019 or 2020 permit, note a 2019 permit would need a 2020 renewal. All otherers submit under a new permit.
- Provide proof of $1,000,000 in liability insurance naming North Park Main Street and the City of San Diego as additionally insured and proof of current payment of business tax. Provide the following addresses to your insurance carrier: North Park Main Street
3939 Iowa Street, Suite 2
San Diego, CA 92104
City of San Diego
1222 First Avenue, 2nd Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
- New documents are required each year. Permit will not be issued without current documents.
- A- FRAME SIGNS: FEE IS $50.00 PER SIGN