Marketing Intern for North Park Main Street / Explore North Park
Under the Explore North Park brand, the North Park District is promoted to not only nearby residents, but those outside the community. Digital mediums used to promote the District include:
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/explorenorthpark
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/explorenorthpark
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/explorenp
- Website: http://www.explorenorthpark.com/
A Marketing Intern is needed to ensure the business and property owners within the District are accurately and sufficiently promoted.
This is a paid position: $10-$13/hour depending on the candidate.
About the Marketing Intern Position
The Marketing Intern will support the ongoing efforts to solicit information from District business and property owners regarding events, promotions, and other interesting/newsworthy topics. The Marketing Intern will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of information gleaned from District members appearing on the digital advertising mediums. The ideal intern can commit to at least 10 hours per week.
The Marketing Intern may also be asked to visit District members to conduct interviews, solicit data integral to the operating of North Park Main Street, take photographs and/or videos using a cell phone, and other miscellaneous tasks. This is an active and social position filled with personal interactions.
Ideal Intern Qualities and Experience
As an internship position, it is not expected the right candidate will have much experience. The ideal Intern will rather possess strong character traits that will make them excel in this role:
- Excellent communication skills including in-person, over the phone, over email, and through social channels
- Creative spirit
- Strong English proficiency (Spanish is also a plus)
- Comfortable and engaging in new social situations including meeting new people
- The ability to work on multiple projects
- The ability to function within a small organization with a small staff consisting of an Executive Director, Assistant Director, a part-time bookkeeper, and a program assistant.
- Possess (or willingness to develop) excellent record keeping and data filing abilities.
- Possess (or willingness to develop) survey and reporting skills.
More About North Park Main Street
North Park Main Street is a three-tiered organization encompassing a business improvement district established by the City of San Diego (BID), a Main Street program affiliated with the National Trust for Historic Preservation (NPMS), and the North Park Property and Business Improvement District (NPPBID).
As a volunteer-based, 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, North Park Main Street:
- Plans, Organizes, and Promotes incredible events
- Advocates for North Park’s business community
- Administers the North Park Business Improvement District
- Champions development that preserves the community’s historic integrity
- Supports its arts and entertainment District
- Promotes an urban, pedestrian-friendly shopping & dining environment
Initiated by property owners and managed by the North Park Main Street Board of Directors, the North Park Property and Business Improvement District provides for special benefits, improvements and enhanced services within the NPPBID boundaries. The NPPBID provides a variety of improvements such as streetscape, aesthetic appeal, advocacy, safety, cleanliness, economic development, sidewalk power washing, and increased amenities. All this is funded and directed by property owners.
To apply, please fill out the form below and be sure to attach a recent copy of your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for the Marketing Intern Position