The 30th Street Pipeline Replacement Project will replace 5.7 miles of water main within the North Park, Golden Hill and Southeastern communities. This project will help the City of San Diego better serve its communities, improve service reliability, reduce maintenance needs, and lessen the risk of future water main breaks. The project will also increase pedestrian access by installing curb ramps at several intersections throughout the project area.
This upcoming weekend, construction will continue in North Park in the intersection of University Avenue and 30th Street, which will require the intersection to be closed. Here’s what to expect.
- Construction Area: The crew will install new water mains through the intersection of 30th
Street and University Avenue. The closure will start on Friday, March 20 at 8:00 p.m. through Sunday, March 22 at Midnight. More details:
- This is a full 52-hour closure of the intersection
- Water service will not be interrupted
- Access to homes and for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times
- No parking will be allowed inside work areas during working hours. “No Parking” signs will be posted 72 hours in advance. Cars parked in violation of signs will be towed
- Temporary road closures for through traffic, traffic rerouting, parking and access restrictions during hours of operation will be required
- Please note: No work will take place during rain. All scheduled work that is impacted by a rain event will be postponed and pushed back to the next dry working day.
What to Expect
Any work that requires water service shut-offs will only occur after advanced notice has been provided to residents and stakeholders via door hangers.
Please remember to always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
- Road closures, detours and restricted access may be implemented during working hours
- Speed limits will be reduced in the construction area
- Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project