The 30th Street Pipeline Replacement Project will replace 5.7 miles of water main within the North Park, Golden Hill and Southeastern communities. This project will help the City of San Diego better serve its communities, improve service reliability, reduce maintenance needs, and lessen the risk of future water main breaks. The project will also increase pedestrian access by installing curb ramps at several intersections throughout the project area.
Here’s What’s Anticipated (August 16 – September 13, 2019)
For the next month, construction will continue in North Park, South Park, Golden Hill, and Southeastern communities.
- Construction Area #1: The crew will start the two new water main installations on 30th St. between Upas St. and University Ave. This work will include a 36″ transmission main and a 12″ distribution main. The working hours will be Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. There will be temporary water shut-offs, and advanced notices will be distributed to affected customers.
- Construction Area #2: The crew is installing the new water main on Thorn St. between 28th St. and 30th St. The working hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There will be temporary water shut-offs, and advanced notices will be distributed to affected customers.
Traffic control will be in place and is subject to change. Other potential construction impacts may include noise, dirt, dust and traffic.
What to Expect
Any work that requires water service shut-offs will only occur after advanced notice has been provided to residents and stakeholders via door hangers.
Please remember to always exercise caution near the work zone and note that:
- Road closures, detours and restricted access may be implemented during working hours.
- Speed limits will be reduced in the construction area.
- Safety measures will be implemented to ensure bicyclists and pedestrians will be allowed access throughout the project.
Access to homes, businesses and for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
Hours and Days of Construction
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Nights: Monday- Thursday
Hours: 8 p.m. – 6 a.m.
For specific questions about the 30th Street Pipeline Replacement Project: